Last Updated: 25th August 2022
Bermuda Electric Light Company Limited (BELCO) is Bermuda's sole supplier of electricity, operating a generating plant and transmission and distribution systems throughout the Island. BELCO’s Mission is to provide a secure, reliable and sustainable electric power system for the people of Bermuda. In 1904, the Bermuda Electric Light, Power & Traction Company (B.E.L.P.&T.), BELCO was known as then, was incorporated. The Company purchased its present site on Serpentine Road in 1909 and moved its operations there. On May 1 1908, B.E.L.P.&T. started with the supply of electric current.